June 03, 2007

at what point do we call someone crazy?

People throw the term "crazy" around a lot. People describe other people as crazy way too much - but right now I'm feeling a bit like a crazy person.

Last week I was posting on a message board with a bunch of friends and some were encouraging me to come to Maui to run the Maui Marathon on 9/16 -- and as appealing as being in Maui sounds...
  1. running a marathon is a BIT unrealistic
  2. I don't really have to cashola to go to Hawaii
  3. have i mentioned running a marathon is a bit unrealistic?
But it did make me start to think -- what other race could I run on 9/16 to join my friends in solidarity - plus 9/16 is 6 months to 35 and since I've decided that my 35th birthday will be infinitely better than my 34th -- it seems fitting.

So after some searching and some suggestions by friends....

I'm going to do the Philadelphia Distance Run.

It's a half marathon.

For those of you playing at home, that is 13.1 miles. I have to finish it in less than 4 hours which makes it very possible. Meredith had brought the idea up to me a few weeks ago and I basically ignored it but we're going to do this. I need to register for it. Tuesday Meredith and I are going to put together a training schedule.

I'm going to run a half marathon.

That, my friends, makes me crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not crazy.
You are wonderful and you make me proud to be your friend!

Carrie said...

go Miss Amanda!

Sarah said...

That isn't crazy! It's awesome!! And training with someone else really helps!