August 27, 2007

on the way to cape may....

That song always makes me think of Lawrence Welk -- not sure why, just does.

Spent a lovely weekend in Cape May with some of my nearest and dearest life long friends. It's amazing to me to spend a weekend with people I have known for 20 years and they are no parents with their own kids.

From a conversation I had with C & W's son Jacob:

me: Does your brother like to swim in a swimming pool? (we were talking about how his brother did not like to swim in the ocean)
J: yes
me: Does he swim in Mimi's and Grandpa's pool a lot?
J: yes, he loves that
me: me too, I loved swimming in your Mimi's and Grandpa's pool.
J: you've been there? I don't remember that

Of course you don't Jacob -- I think the last time I swam there was the day your mother found out she was pregnant with you!

It's just nice to have people who have known you forever, who accept you for exactly who you are and that being with feels like old home week!

No comments: