November 12, 2004

All before 10

Man -- it's quite a day already and it's not even 10 yet -- hell, it's not even 9:30.

I woke up this morning -- it was cold, it was rainy, it was a day when I didn't want to get out of bed. The day could have been better had I been able to come to work in my pj's but sadly, I can't.

So, drug myself out of bed, put on some respectable looking clothes and got to work. On the way my car decided that it wanted to fishtail all over the road as I turned onto Matthews Road. Then I got on 202 which was, in essence, a parking lot. Got to work, got inside -- discovered donuts on the table near my desk -- damn the person who brought those in. Ran down to the cafe, got a drink, came back upstairs, had another donut hole and sat down to have what I was hoping would be a quiet morning. No. Got a frantic IM from someone that the guy was waiting at our training center to service our overhead projector. UGH! I completely forgot. Got up, ran to car, couldn't understand why car wasn't moving. Got scared that it died. Realized I hadn't started it yet and got to the training center. Now we are 25 minutes into something that should have taken 5 and I really need to get back to the office to do some real stuff. BAH!

No comments: